Hi, Trevor here, I am excited to take a moment
to inform you about our new PLAN A.
When it comes to retirement, people follow common stages:
- Work to maintain income and lifestyle
- Contribute to the Canada Pension Plan
- Have a savings plan if they don’t contribute to the CPP (or enough)
- Retire and live mostly off savings and some CPP
- Eventually like everyone else they die
There are problems with this:
- What if you don’t contribute enough?
- What if you don’t contribute at all? (for self-employed individuals)
- What if you die before you receive the CPP, after contributing large amounts?